European authorized representative service
Non-food products are subject to numerous rules and regulations within the European Union (EU), compliance with which must be ensured by the manufacturer and/or importer.
An authorised representative as contemplated by the Product Safety Act (ProdSG) – also known as EU-REP – established in the European Economic Area can assist manufacturers and importers in fulfilling certain obligations. This concerns, among other things, obligations from the ProdSG, but also the Market Surveillance Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2019/1020). Register here for our free webinar on the new Market Surveillance Regulation! The webinar takes place once a month and lasts about 60 minutes.
The European Authorised Representative acts as a link between the manufacturer and the market surveillance authorities and keeps extensive information available.
In the process, the authorised representative is required to perform at least the following tasks:
- keeping the EU declaration of conformity and the technical documents at the disposal of national surveillance authorities for a period of 10 years after the product has been placed on the market,
- handing out all information and records necessary to demonstrate the conformity of a product to the competent authorities (upon reasoned request),
- cooperating with the competent national authorities on any measures needed to eliminate the risks arising from the products in question.
Its authorisation service enables get-e-right to offer you a representative established in the EU, which also includes the following service:
- Provision of the EU representative for almost all directives, standards and laws on product responsibility and product safety. However, food as well as medicaland cosmetic products are excluded, amongst others.
- Execution / support for registrations in the necessary national market surveillance databases (e.g. WEEE, packaging and battery register, EU EPREL database, ECHA´s SCIP Database, etc.).
- Secure database-related availability of the EU Declaration of Conformity and the associated technical documents for the required 10 years, with a public section for customers and consumers and a protected section for public authorities (yet the records are handed over to such authorities only if there is a justified request to do so).
- Testing and certification of products to achieve marketability according to all relevant laws, regulations and standards.
- Support with enquiries from the market surveillance authorities or other third parties by experienced quality and product managers as well as compliance consultants and specialised lawyers.
- Product monitoring through e.g. random sampling in the market, production and shipping controls, etc.
- Inclusion of products in an existing framework agreement of a product protection insurance policy.
- And a whole lot more.
EU REP under the German Product Safety Act (ProdSG)
The aforementioned services are beneficial to all economic operators in any supply chain. Here are just a few examples:
For producers from third countries and importers into the EU – By supporting the fulfilment of legal requirements, an independent, sustainable, risk-minimised and legally compliant sale of products is possible via all relevant channels. By appointing get-e-right as an authorised representative under the Product Safety Act (ProdSG), you thus gain extensive market access in Germany.
For stationary sellers, distributors, and online traders – product responsibility can - as far as legally possible - be shifted in advance to the supplier. By appointing get-e-right as an authorised representative within the scope of the ProdSG by the manufacturer of your products, professional communication in the event of official measures and customer complaints is guaranteed. In the event of any necessary recalls, insurance cover is available for the associated costly measures, in tandem with a professional handling concept.
For fulfilment service providers – fulfilment service providers will assume the role of economic operator with all obligations - at the latest when the Market Surveillance Regulation takes effect. They will then be directly affected by official measures and equally obliged to provide information and support on the same level as the manufacturer or importer. Our authorisation service protects you as a fulfillment service provider from regulatory offences and criminal charges.
For manufacturers based in Germany or other countries in the European Economic Area - also for manufacturers based in Germany or other countries in the European Economic Area - get-e-right’s authorisation service guarantees risk-minimised and legally compliant sale of products in Germany, such as professional communication in case of enquiries from public authorities, official measures and customer complaints. In the event of any necessary product recalls, there is extensive insurance cover, also for the sometimes substantial costs arising from product recalls, and a professional processing concept. This means that get-e-right is available to you as an authorised representative in accordance with the ProdSG to support you in all situations.
Compliance Talk: European Authorised Representative
Our consultants will be pleased to answer any questions you may have about our services for a free consultation: Phone +49-(0)40/750687-0 or send an e-mail message to email@example.com.