Since October 24th, 2015 producers without a branch in Germany can no longer register or remain registered themselves with the Foundation EAR (=German WEEE registration board) according to the German Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act (ElektroG=German WEEE conversion).
Concerned producers without a branch in Germany who are already registered need to register anew. This includes naming an authorised representative based in Germany and to inform the clearing house Foundation EAR as the competent authority.
This process will have to be carried out within 6 months after the new Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act has entered into force (till 24-04-2016). Failure to do so will cause the Foundation EAR to revoke any issued registrations.
What does that mean for you?
- In case you already have or you are planning to open a branch in Germany this branch or newly founded company needs to be registered in Germany.
- Our consulting team is happy to help with regards to any questions concerning the execution of registration with the Foundation EAR.
- If you do not have a branch in Germany you will need to nominate an authorised representative latest 6 months after the implementation of the new Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act. The latest filing date for this is April 24th, 2016.
- In any case the Foundation EAR will cancel your registration after 24th of April 2016 and establish a new registration with an nominated authorized representative.
get-e-right – Your authorized representative for WEEE in Germany
- get-e-right GmbH is an affiliate company of take-e-way GmbH to take over the responsibility of an authorised representative for WEEE in Germany.
- get-e-right GmbH takes over your requirements and obligations according to the German Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act (ElektroG = German WEEE conversion).
- get-e-right will execute all communication and correspondence with the Foundation EAR (German WEEE registration board) in close cooperation with take-e-way.
- get-e-right will keep you updated on any changes relating to the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act that are of importance to you.