Authorised representative for packaging in Austria
As of 1st January 2023, amendments to the Austrian Packaging Ordinance will come into force.
Who is obliged?
In general, the Austrian Packaging Ordinance distinguishes between foreign producers (legal term that also defines dealers and importers as such) from EU member states and third countries. When selling to private end-users without having a registered office in Austria, there is a general obligation for all producers to register in this context, including the mandatory appointment of an authorized representative. However, when selling to commercial end-users and dealers, producers from third countries cannot release their Austrian importers (primary obligated parties) from their obligations or assume extended producer responsibility for them in the future. As of 1st January 2023, this will only be possible for producers from EU member states, who must appoint an authorised representative to assume the rights and obligations of the producers in the event of the release of their Austrian importers. This obligation to appoint an authorised representative also applies also for producers of single-use plastic products. If you are affected, you will find the appropriate solution in the following.
The get-e-right Austria solution
- Conclusion of obligatory contracts on your behalf
- Registration with the authorities
- Submission of notifications to the take-back system on your behalf
- Representation vis-à-vis authorities as contact person
- Assumption of your liabilities under the Administrative Penalties Act (this requires your cooperation in our execution as your proxy)
This is how it works:
- You apply for proper registration in Austria with us
- We carry out a risk and qualification assessment to identify subsequent enforcement risks and ensure a smooth registration and monitoring process
- You appoint us (get-e-right Austria GmbH) as your authorized representative
- You get the power of attorney notarised
- We carry out the registration with the take-back system Altstoff Recycling Austria AG (ARA)
- After successful registration and authorisation: our customer portal offers you the ideal and simple platform for regularly recurring quantity reporting, plausibility checks and archiving, including a reminder function so that you do not forget anything
- Scalable IT solution: reporting platform, standardised registration and reporting processes, auditable interface
- Compliance (control and QA): plausibility check, continuous information flow, training and support during official audits
- Checking of current reports: automated validation (plausibility check), digital correction report, reporting to the systems
- Year-end and digital importer reporting: continuous support in the process and reporting to systems